REGISTRATION FOR 2018 – 2019 SEASON HAS STARTED!
P.A.C.E. ACADEMY IEA TEAM
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO COLLEGES!!
Interested in learning more about Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA)?
Here are a few facts:
- No rider needs to own a horse.
- Classes are offered in four ability levels: beginner, novice, intermediate, open. Any combination of ability levels on a team is permissible, but it is advantageous to have at least one rider in every class to be competitive as a team.
- Riders in grades 6-8 are eligible for Middle School Teams while riders in grade 9-12 compete at the High School level.
- Points are tracked for individual rider accomplishments AND for overall, team accomplishments. Individuals and teams earn points to qualify for regional, zone and national finals.
- Teams take turns hosting horse shows throughout the season. New teams are NOT required to host any shows. Second year teams are required to co-host at least one show. Teams in their Third year or additional years must host one show or co-host two shows per year.
- The competition season starts September 1st and ends at the National Finals in late spring / early summer.
- Students ride horses that are furnished by the host barn and chosen by random draw. The use of personal tack is not allowed and limited schooling is permitted. This equalizes competition variables and tests the horsemanship of the contestants.
- Riders are only allowed to compete at a total of 5 shows. Most weekends there will be a show on Saturday and a show on Sunday, so this would count for 2 shows.
Team Practices for Aubrey Hill Equestrian Team will be on Sundays and are $25.00 per rider. Riders will draw a horse or pony and practice riding that horse for the lesson.
Need more info??
Visit www.rideiea.org to more details on the program or call Karen at 850-396-3102
SIGN UP FOR THE TEAM
FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP AND WE WILL EMAIL YOU THE APPLICATION AND INFORMATION.