REGISTRATION FOR 2018 – 2019 SEASON HAS STARTED!
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO COLLEGES!!
Interested in learning more about Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA)?
Here are a few facts:
- No rider needs to own a horse.
- Classes are offered in four ability levels: beginner, novice, intermediate, open. Any combination of ability levels on a team is permissible, but it is advantageous to have at least one rider in every class to be competitive as a team.
- Riders in grades 6-8 are eligible for Middle School Teams while riders in grade 9-12 compete at the High School level.
- Points are tracked for individual rider accomplishments AND for overall, team accomplishments. Individuals and teams earn points to qualify for regional, zone and national finals.
- Teams take turns hosting horse shows throughout the season. New teams are NOT required to host any shows. Second year teams are required to co-host at least one show. Teams in their Third year or additional years must host one show or co-host two shows per year.
- The competition season starts September 1st and ends at the National Finals in late spring / early summer.
- Students ride horses that are furnished by the host barn and chosen by random draw. The use of personal tack is not allowed and limited schooling is permitted. This equalizes competition variables and tests the horsemanship of the contestants.
- Riders are only allowed to compete at a total of 5 shows. Most weekends there will be a show on Saturday and a show on Sunday, so this would count for 2 shows.
Team Practices for Aubrey Hill Equestrian Team will be on Sundays and are $25.00 per rider. Riders will draw a horse or pony and practice riding that horse for the lesson.
Need more info??
Visit www.rideiea.org to more details on the program or call Karen at 850-396-3102
AUBREY HILL ELEMENTARY & VARSITY RIDING TEAM
REGISTRATION FOR 2018 – 2019 EIRA AND VARSITY SEASON HAS STARTED!
AUBREY HILL EQUESTRIAN IS PROUD TO OFFER A FUN AND EXCITING PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN IN GRADES PRE K-12. THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO GIVE RIDERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF A TEAM AND TO PARTICIPATE IN HORSE SHOWS. RIDERS WILL RIDE HORSES AND PONIES PROVIDED BY AUBREY HILL EQUESTRIAN.
How will the program work?
Riders will take one lesson per week at Aubrey Hill in order to learn the skills needed to compete at the shows. Twice a month we will have team practice on Sunday afternoons. This gives the kids time with their teammates and to ride in a group atmosphere.
Does my child need experience?
The great thing about EIRA and VarsityIRA is riders can show even if they only know the basics. The show will have “assisted” classes where the trainer or an assistant will walk and trot alongside them with a leadrope. This gives every level of rider a chance to compete.
What do they need to wear?
Proper show attire will be needed for shows. Lesson attire will be paddock boots, helmets and jods (tights). Sound intimidating? Don’t worry! We have a tack shop on our property and we can help you with fitting your child properly!
CALL 850-396-3102 FOR DETAILS AND PRICING
We have TEAM jackets that the kids love to wear and show off. The jackets are $60.00.
Horse Shows Fee will vary per show.